Uses for Celery Leaves

When buying celery I always try to get the bunch with the most leaves. The more the better, they don't add much to the weight if you are buying by the pound, and they ensure that the celery is freshest.

When I get home I cut off the leafy bits, wash them, and spread on a cookie sheet to freeze. When they are frozen I pop them into a baggie and keep in my freezer for a quick addition to soups and stews. Much cheaper than buying freeze dried celery flakes. And no additives!

By Molly from NJ

5 More Solutions

Instead of parsley, use those leafy celery tops to add flavor and color to a salad. Why throw away the celery tops and then purchase parsley? Wash the leaves, chop them fine, and sprinkle on top of any salad.

Don't throw out the top leaves of celery. Wash them, dry them, and pulverize them. Add an equal amount of salt and use for seasoning in soups or salads.

It's easy to dry your own celery flakes to be used in salads, tuna salad or whatever recipe.

Celery Flakes

I always cut off the leaves from my stalks of celery before putting in the fridge (they cause the celery to wilt quicker), in the interest of "waste not want not"

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesAugust 10, 2012
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Celery-Leaves-1.html