Uses for Mason Jars

My favorite pasta sauce comes in a mason jar. Well, as you can imagine, I have a lot of jars. I really want to do something with at lease some of them, and would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

Thanks so much.
Have a blessed day.

Best Answer

Use them for layered salads you can make several days in advance. Great if you take your lunch to work.

Best Answer

Use them as little herb garden planters. So cute and useful.

Best Answer

A few years ago, a colleague filled them with microwave cake recipe ingredients (flour, sugar, baking cocoa, and chocolate chips). They were pretty layers. She attached the recipe with a colorful card and fabric cover to lid and gave them as holiday gifts.

You have to add milk, egg and oil so that was why the recipe and microwave time to bake. They were pretty and yummy!! I can see if I can find her recipe if you want it! Now I am sad I didn't take a picture of it!

Best Answer

You can do lots with mason jars!

• Store juices, dried goods, jam
  • As a drinking cup/mug
  • Organizing pens/pencils
  • Storage for yarn, art supplies, etc
  • Lamp base
  • Candle holder
  • Flower vase
  • Photo jar
  • And much more!
Best Answer

Uses for mason jars is almost endless but I believe you may be buying Classico 24 ounce so some of the ideas may not work so well with this size jar.

• I think one of the coolest idea to see lately is the "salad in a jar" and I can see 24 ounce jars being a good size for these.
  • Check some of these recipes/instructions:
  • hurrythefoodup.com/.../
  • Another neat idea is a picture in a jar. I would never do this because it uses a large amount of vegetable oil but still; another idea.
  • augandeverythingafter.blogspot.com/search?q=mason+jars
  • I have used a similar idea with thin noodles but this is a good idea also - almost instant meal, packed and ready in minutes.
  • thegirlonbloor.com/.../
  • I'm not sure but I believe that Classico may be the only company using true mason jars and their sauce is very good - so good food with a bonus.
  • They now make all kinds of lids for the regular mouth jars (I like the newer solid one piece lids) but the neat one has a hole in the top for straws (or).
  • Ad

• www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_37?tag=thrif06-20

Go to a craft site, ask for info. on using Mason Jars.