Check Glass Recycling for Canning Jars

Years ago I could buy mayonnaise and salad dressing in quart glass jars. No more, that's a things of the past. I just started making my own homemade mayonnaise with my Vita-Mix and wanted to keep it in a glass jar in my refrigerator. I found several quart glass pickle jars with lids in the glass recycling bins in the apartment complex.

By Marjorie from Lewiston, NY

Lol! I'm glad I'm not the only one who picks through the recycle bins! My mom and I go through them on a regular basis when I visit her in Arizona. We have found canning jars (which she uses) interesting bottles for her bottle tree, nicely shaped jars, and small wine bottles with corks that I peel the labels off, clean up, and then use to put homemade bath salts & stuff in for gifts!