Uses for Pizza Boxes

Category Reusing
When you use your imagination it is surprising what you can do with these boxes you usually discard. This is a guide about uses for pizza boxes.

My sister's family and mine have to order 4 to 6 pizzas every time we want pizza to feed our large families, we would like to know if anyone has any ideas on what we can do with the pizza boxes (besides throw them away)? We welcome any ideas you may have. Thanks

Christy from Fulton, MS

Answers

Best Answer

My son and I eat a lot of pizza. I use the boxes at school for art projects. Perhaps you could donate yours to a school for this. We use them for creating sculptures instead of more expensive foam core. I have also used them as a base for collage. Cut off the lid and the base (and lid as well for another kid) becomes an instant frame for the collage. The kids can decorate the edges as well. They could also be given to the students and just have them use the box as a base for a piece of artwork -- their own creation. If you are eating a lot of pizza, I doubt that you can use up all the boxes on your own.

Best Answer

I have used them to make stepping stones. Tape the corners to make them stronger. I laid tile pieces to make a pattern or picture. Just be sure to have the bottoms of the tile facing you so the pretty side will be on the top of the stepping stone when you are finished. And if you write anything, write it backwards. Then mix up your own cement and pour into the box. Wait a day or 2 and tear off the box. Will take a few more days to completely dry.

Best Answer

I found a great idea for cheap decorating. I took a few and taped them shut, then covered them with fabric and hung them on the wall. They look like the expensive wall hangings from Pottery Barn, which are fabric covered canvas, but this works just as well! :)

Best Answer

California Pizza Kitchen uses pizza boxes as "canvases" for their displayed artwork. Maybe a local preschool could use them for an art project. You can also shred them somewhat and use them for composting (or see if a local school has an organic garden project)

Best Answer

I am a rubber stamper and I always had a problem with storage. I now reuse the pizza boxes to put the stamps in, label the outside of the box and stack them up.

Best Answer

I use them in the garden, opened up, as weed blocks in pathways, then cover them with leaves or pine straw.

The recycling centers might take the top part if food hasn't touched it.

I have a bunch of smaller sized pizza boxes and don't know what to do with them. They are plain white. Any ideas?

Amber from Albuquerque, NM

Answers:

Do you sew?

Make a fabric pizza! Cut 2 circle pieces of off-white fabric and 1 of quilt batting. Sew together and flip. Cut smaller felt circle for sauce/ cheese. Cut out toppings from felt: green strips (peppers), red circles (pepperoni), any toppings you like! Great gift for kids.

(04/09/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Uses for Pizza Boxes

I was thinking they would make great items for putting children's artwork in (depending on there sizes). Then you can store them by writing the year on the front and piling them up. (04/09/2007)

By Gina

Uses for Pizza Boxes

If there are new, never been used, I have several uses for them, that I have done. I give away a lot of cookies, and have found that new pizza boxes work as a good container to give the cookies away in, and nothing has to be returned. I do make sure to cover the bottom of the inside of the box with plastic wrap or foil so the cardboard doesn't dry out the cookies. I also make sure to cover the top of the cookies too, for the same reason, before I close the box.
I have also used pizza boxes for eBay packaging. Or cover the lid with the chalkboard contact paper and put chalk and erasers on the inside. Or decorate the top to resemble a checkerboard, and store the checkers inside. Or they can be used for desks for travel or for someone recuperating in bed... pens, paper, crayons, etc stored inside. Same thing can be done for a craft project. Hope this helps! (04/09/2007)

By Shirley

Uses for Pizza Boxes

I have a great idea that I used a few years ago when I was laid up in bed. I cut the edges off and made book markers out of them! Then I took the rest and also used craft foam and I made my own homemade rubber stamps. I cut squares and taped several of them together and made my shapes out of craft foam and glued them on. I still have them around here somewhere. It was great to use making my own gift tags at xmas. (04/09/2007)

By denise warner

Uses for Pizza Boxes

Make small solar ovens. There is information about this on the web. Just do a search for "solar oven", or go to a PBS website and search the show Zoom for directions. They are easy to make, work well on a sunny day, and a lot of fun for children to make and use.

Or you could donate them to a preschool or Kindergarten. They would probably love to have them. (04/09/2007)

By teachpad

Uses for Pizza Boxes

Use them to sort Scrap booking papers. Mark them each on the outside or use a label so you know what is inside and can get what you need without having to search. (04/09/2007)

By frugalelf

Uses for Pizza Boxes

You can make a unique shower gift be it baby or wedding. My friend at work will be having her baby shower soon (we both work at a pizza shop). I plan to do a diaper pizza cake. Use small items like diapers, wash cloths, t-shirts, etc and fold them in pizza slice shape. Find a bunch of sample size items for diaper bag and tie up with pretty ribbon. The possibilities are endless and the results will be beautiful. Go to your local pizza shop and ask about a box. Most will just give you one.

Karen
Port Clinton, OH (04/10/2007)

By hairyjoe

Uses for Pizza Boxes

You can use pizza boxes as forms to pour in cement to make garden paving stones. Add odd bits of jewelry or those flat marbles that you can get in bags at the Dollar Tree, or anything decorative. You can write anything on the cement or embed shells etc... (04/12/2007)

By jazzbird719

Uses for Pizza Boxes

Make a cookie pizza out of chocolate chip cookie dough or brownie batter (bake in a pizza pan for the correct size), decorate the top with icing, coconut, and/or candies. Put it in the box and decorate the top with a computer made label for birthday gifts. "XXXX's Pizzeria -- A Taste 'Yule' Love" would be good for Christmas. Use your imagination. (06/11/2007)

By susanmajp