Uses for a Pastry Blender

Category Kitchen Tools
There are other food tasks that this cutting tool can be helpful with. This guide contains uses for a pastry blender.

I made strawberry jam and blueberry jam last week. Using the recommended potato masher to crush the berries never really works for me. I was trying to think of an easier way (I don't have a food processor or blender), when I came across my pastry cutter. I gave it a try on the strawberries, and it did a great job with less effort, and faster. I then tried it with the blueberries, with great success. This is the way I will crush the softer fruits from now on.

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

I have found that a Pastry blender is a real time saver when used to chop hard boiled eggs, avocados, and bananas for banana nut bread. I just put the item in a bowl and use the pastry blender to chop are mash to the desired consistency.

A pastry cutter is great kitchen tool to chop up eggs for egg salad, potato salad or even deviled eggs. This page is about use a pastry blender for cutting eggs.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A standard pastry blender is indispensable for chopping up eggs for salad or for mashing avocados for guacamole.

By earth heart from Polk, Ohio