Using Coffee Grounds to Clean Shoes

Do fresh ground coffee grounds clean shoes?

It can deodorize the insides of shoes. Put them in an old sock or stocking.

Fresh or DRY used coffee grounds can work to deodorize your shoes but cannot be used to actually 'clean' shoes.

Most people use dry used coffee grounds to deodorize their shoes.
Some just dump them in and leave overnight; shake good in the AM and good to go.
Others like to put grounds in an old sock and place in shoes overnight.
Either way works.

www.moneycrashers.com/.../

I keep some to mix with soap for use cleaning oily/greasy hands. So it really might work for your shoes as well.

Here's the soap recipe: www.goodhousekeeping.com/.../

I would be very careful using coffee grounds on white shoes as there is a huge risk of staining.

Some people use coffee grounds (UNUSED) and baking soda and put it in a sock and put it in shoes and boots to make a combo freshener/shape keeper. Maybe I would do this with OLD, stale coffee, but coffee is too expensive plus we drink so much of it in my house that it never gets stale :)

Maybe if I found some for cheap at a yard sale or estate sale, I would try it...but my preferences to keep shoes and boots clean with good old fashioned saddle soap. I often find it for very little at estate sales and scoop it up when I can. It lasts for a long time so most times even the old cans still can be used. I put my shoes outside in the sun for an hour or two if they get stinky and that seems to freshen them up.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 5, 2019
🍂
🎄

ReusingGreen Living