Using Elmer's Glue or Puzzle Glue for Decoupage

I want to decoupage a picture onto a piece of painted wood with puzzle glue or regular Elmer's glue. Can this be done?

It can be done. Instructions are here. www.craftystaci.com/.../elmers-glue-decoupage

You can do this (I used Elmer's), but when I did this it got all wonky after a few years (it got all bubbly and peely). It also attracted bugs (silver fish).

Sad because it looked really pretty! Wishing you much better luck with your project than I had with mine. Maybe the new puzzle glues are better than when I did this in the late 1980s.

I do not believe there is a glue made that will not attract bugs (of some kind) but if you do not have a bug problem then your project will probably be safe for a long time.

I still have decoupaged pictures (paper to wood) from the 70's but we did seal ours so that probably made a difference.

I believe that Elmer's and puzzle glue are low quality glues that work but do not have the staying power that better glues have. So you should think about how long you would like to have this masterpiece around (in good condition).

Here are some links that have a lot of information on gluing paper to wood and also information on types of glue. It never hurts to research something before you gather your tools.

www.wikihow.com/Adhere-Paper-to-Wood

www.strathmoreartist.com/.../how-to-mount-artwork-to-a-piece-of...

www.stylemepretty.com/.../

Yes, it is possible.

Example on the Elmer's site: elmers.com/.../diy-decoupage-wood-slice