Use Homemade Mod Podge for Crafts

Make your own Mod Podge for decoupage. I just covered the lid of a jewelry box I got for $.50. The inside was a lovely red satin and velvet, but the top was down to the cardboard. It was white leatherette, and I found a 50s vintage fashion photo in Bazaar, just the right size, and used my homemade mod podge (which is just white glue thinned with water) to decoupage the top. Now it looks as if it's always been that way and is quite stylish, all for $.50, a magazine photo, and some white glue!

Source: me and a craft activity I saw at a fair years ago where they used this white glue solution.

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA

I had no idea you could do that! I spend so much money on mod podge! Thanks so much for this tip :)

Crafts DecoupageJune 29, 2012
🌻
📓
🎂