Using Extra Food From Your Garden

Category Vegetables
It can be too much to process and use up everything in your garden. This guide is about using extra food from your garden.

I have just discovered a gardener's greatest harvest! Our local food pantry is now set up to accept fresh fruits and vegetables all year round, which means any harvest I have that I can't use automatically has a distribution point to be taken to for the benefit of others. No gardener likes to see the bounty he can't use from his garden go to waste. My local food pantry only asks that I knock off as much loose dirt as possible along with the bugs ~ they will do the dividing, bagging, etc., and then deliver to them between 8 and 9 a.m. (distribution to recipients begins at 9 a.m.). What a joy to know that even my extra's from the garden will be put to good use!

By Ronsan

Yesterday, while at the church helping with Vacation Bible School, a fellow church pal made a surprise visit and brought in several bags of produce from her garden to share. Lots were able to benefit off her over abundance and generosity of her savvy gardening skills. A nice and so welcomed gesture!