Using Leftover Meat Loaf

Category Leftovers
Leftover meatloaf can be served again in a new way. This is a guide about using leftover meat loaf.

If you have too much meat loaf left after a meal but not enough for another meal, try this suggestion. Refrigerate overnight, then cut into medium cubes the next morning (won't crumble as easily). Place cubes on cookie sheet and freeze.

Bag in Ziploc bag and use in spaghetti sauce the next time you want the taste of meatballs but not the fuss of making them. Tastes the same ~ kids love the "new" meatball shape.

Only my husband knows the secret, and he sure doesn't care! By freezing the cubes on the cookie sheet first, they won't stick together in the bag when freezing and you can pour out only what you need.

By Ronsan

Leftover meatloaf can also be used as the meat for a vegetable soup. In my meatloaf I already have chopped onion and tomato soup or vegetable soup. I just break the meatloaf into small chunks and add some cubed potatoes, peas, carrots, corn and leftover homemade spagetti sauce. I'll add one can of tomato soup and any extra vegetables that may be kicking around in the fridge. Easy vegetable/hamburger soup that can be ready in just over 30 minutes or a little more, depending on how small you cubed your potatoes and carrots.

By Betty (Guest Post)

I crumble mine, add taco seasoning and tomatoe sauce and make tacos. If there is a lot left, I crumble, add onion, tomatoe sauce, garlic, cumin, chili powder, peppers and make chili; or you can crumble and make a nice meat sauce for spaghetti or ravioli.

After having a meatloaf that didn't get eaten up, "recycle it" as one of my friends say. Cut the meatloaf up into chunks and mix sauteed veggies & with a jar of pasta sauce to serve over spaghetti, ramen noodles or rice.

By Terri

By Claudia (Guest Post)

It makes great and easy sandwiches.....better warm but not bad cold, either.