Using a Computer in Your Living Room?

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 219 Posts

A boy using a computer in the living room.I would like to set up my computer in my living room because of limited space. However, my living room is decorated in traditional/elegance style. Do you think it will look tacky with all the cords hanging down? How can I make the computer desk/area look nice and blend with my elegant furniture. The computer desk is a small open glass top desk.

Onesummer

Answers

I had the same problem. However, I had to say too bad if it was tacky. It does not look so bad. I need the computer down here so we can have access to the internet and monitor the kids and what they are doing on it. To me that was more important than the looks.
www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

Anonymous

If you get a regal-looking desk, it would blend in nicely with the elegant look. And the cords will all hang down the back; if you loosely tied them all together, or even go cordless as much as you can, then it would look as nice as you could make it look. I agree with Savings Assistant, it's so much more important to moniter what web-sites the children get on, than to worry about what it looks like.

(Here's a funny: when my sister had to move into a 750 square foot house with six children, she turned her "living room" into a combination Living/Library/Laundry/Tool Shed room.) Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!

By Jan (Guest Post)

Get a small computer armoire, you can get a small fancy one to match the rest of your furniture and when you aren't using it, it looks like a piece of furniture and the cords are hidden. I have a large one with drawers on the side and I love it.

By Dana (Guest Post)

A cable Zipper will hide the dangling cables and turn it into a tube with the cables inside. Here is an example.....

www.staples.com/.../CC&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=633146

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Living RoomJuly 19, 2013
🎆
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-a-Computer-in-Your-Living-Room.html