Using a Cookie Press

Category Kitchen Tools
Using a cookie press is a great way to make cute little cookies in lots of shapes. This is a guide about using a cookie press.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong before I have a temper tantrum and break my cookie press? I have a Pampered Chef press and I lost the directions in a recent move. I've tried using another recipe I found and it's not working. I either literally blow the plunger end off the thing (dough too cold?) or when it comes out the other end it won't come off.

I have to manually scoop it off which ruins the design. I'm not even sure which end of the design plate goes out. There is a difference in the sides of it. I've only used it one other time several years ago and remember having trouble then but finally figured it out. However, this year I'm older and less patient or something. Can somebody please help me?

Judi from Elgin

Answers

http://www.epin … tent_95681089156

http://www.reci … pic.zsp?t=187029

The two websites might answer a few of your questions, if not Google: Pampered Chef Cookie Press and see what you come up with.

Thanks MCW! After I sent this question in (on Saturday!) I spent some time googleing it and discovered I'm not the only one having this problem and many users are checking the "would not recommend" box. I sure don't like it. My kitchen gadgets are there to make things easier, not harder.

Use and Care instuctions are available at pamperedchef.com under "products". This should take you straight to the Cookie Press Use and Care: http://www.pamp … sp?productId=600

As for the end coming off, you are probably correct in thinking that perhaps the dough was too cold. It should be just about the consistency of playdough. The shape disks should be "number" side out.

Feel free to email me if you need further assistance. I will do my best for you! iamchef dot leighann at yahoo

Give it away- life's too short!