Value of Bronze Coffee Table Base?

I was wondering what the value of this coffee table base is. The artist is Paul Evans, it was made in 1971. It is made out of bronze. It is 15 inches tall and round shape about 28 inches in diameter. It is made to support a glass top about 42 inches diameter which I don't have. The artist has made a number of various tables, lamps and other furniture during the 70s and 80s mostly in the mid century category. It is referred to as a stalagmite coffee table.

I think to the majority of people this 'base' looks really unique and just has to be 'one of a kind' but sadly that is not the case.
Paul Evans is definitely a renowned artist and most of his pieces sell for very large amounts of money but with this piece I think he made a mistake and overproduced it so now the value may still be in the thousands but probably not what he expected. I doubt that in the 60's-early 70's he had any idea that people would be able to 'find' so many of these tables listed for sale all over the world for everyone to see how overproduced (almost common) it was.
On just the one 'high class' auction site - 1stBids - there are over 12 listings for this one table. The asking prices seem to start with $6,500 and go up but I found only two (maybe three) tables that actually sold and no sold price is given (asking price on one was $8,500 but sold for less) and no year sold stated.
www.1stdibs.com/.../

I believe if there are this many tables listed on one website there are probably several hundred listed (at different times) on private auctions all over the world - but - it still seems to be a popular design -just no idea as to real true selling value.
www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Paul...

Apparently the artist has not been able to sell even the original pieces he produced as he still has this table listed for sale in his studio (from the 60's?) but he does not give a sale price - you have to ask - but strange that prices are given for his other pieces.
www.incollect.com/.../paul-evans-furniture?artist=47993...

This table is listed on eBay for $11,500 so you might wish to place a watch on this one to see if it sells. We have no idea as to how long it has been listed for sale - months/years?
www.ebay.com/.../174095490272?hash=item2888e65ce0...

I'm only stating all of this to show that an item can appear to be very valuable but until it's sold it has no cash value at all.
The price you place on your table base will depend on where you are located as well as your desire to see it listed for sale with no buyers or your desire to sell it and have the money in your pocket.

The missing top will also affect the value but would be much easier to ship should you sell it.
If you are familiar with selling on different sites then use whichever site you like but keep in mind this is a heavy piece and shipping will be very expensive so you might wish to start with just 'local pick up only' and see how that goes before listing to 'everyone/anywhere'.
Maybe start with $6,000 and offer best offer considered and local pick up so no shipping charges.
Wait a few weeks/months and if no offers just lower the price and wait again or go to everyone and add/charge shipping costs.

Hopefully there will be someone in your area looking for something like this. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Thank you so much for your answer! I looks like the type of people who would pay a lot of money for this is a very limited audience and is only worth what someone will actually pay. Thank you for your advise on how to go about selling it.

I believe it will still sell, it's just that only a select group will pay big money (because they want to display the name) and since there are so many available you may have to sell at a discounted price (and the buyer still has to purchase a several hundred dollar glass top).
I think Facebook Marketplace would be a good site to try but this is only if you wish to sell it soon.
I do not believe the value will increase over the years as there are just too many available and some owners of the same table will see some of the asking prices and think; 'why not sell mine for that much money!'.
I do not know what you paid for your base but I hope it was a low amount.
Good luck with your table - I wish it was worth a big, big price - but hey; $1,500 - $2,000 is not chicken feed!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureNovember 19, 2020
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Bronze-Coffee-Table-Base.html