October 26, 20170 found this helpful
Any value this type of doll will have will probably be from a collector which means they will be looking at the overall condition of the box/package as well as the item.
- Local auctions are not always a good option for items like this as many people go to auctions to find "stuff" to resell so low price is what they look for.
- Local auctions charge a percentage of the sale (and other fees) to the seller and the buyer which means you will not receive the total sale price and the buyer will have to pay more than the sale price. I have seen fees at 15 -20% of the sale price.
- Many auctions will not sell a single item that they feel will not bring more than $5-$10 but will want a group of items to place up for bid.
- Also, once the item is placed up for bid you cannot change your mind and not sell it for the price someone bids (which could be $3.00).
- Dolls like this are mass produced and this was a very cheap version that was typically sold in drug stores (Walgreens, etc) as they were not of sufficient quality to be sold in larger toy stores or department stores.
- A collector may still be interested as this type doll was usually not "saved" but were played with and then thrown away.
- Wizard of Oz is still popular and this type of item is always popular around Christmas but items are so plentiful that not many will sell for high prices.
- eBay and Etsy sell more dolls like this than any other medium but still they are usually slow sellers.
- If you have never sold on eBay (and do not want to wait for a better price) then you may want to consider posting on Craigslist as someone can see the items and pay money immediately.
- The good thing about Craigslist (or other on-line local auctions [Google, your zip, local auctions]) is you can ask any price and reduce it if no one seems interested.
- Dolls and such usually sell fairly good on Craigslist so I would suggest to start with $50 (this doll) and see what type of interest you receive.
- Similar dolls selling on eBay are going for $10-$25.
- Here are a couple listed now.
- https://www.eba … xyYAAOSwGNtZvZDS
- https://www.eba … LmIAAOSwLF1X99JA
- https://www.eba … o0gAAOSwZB9Z5rzs
You say you have several dolls and figurines so be careful and do your research on each item as no two will be of the same value.
eBay is the best place to search but you need to search with a company name and any information on the item that may show identification as well as the size (especially with dolls) and you can request to be notified if this item is posted.
Research is time consuming but that is about the only way to find value of items like this.
Please remember - asking prices do not actually reflect sold prices so always check for sold items also.
It may be difficult to find a local store that will pay more than $3-$5 dollars for items like this.