Value of Fairytale Collection Porcelain Dolls

These pretty porcelain dolls were dressed as famous characters from fairy tales. This is a page about the value of Fairytale Collection porcelain dolls.

I will be selling these 8 dolls for my mother-in-law and have been trying to come up with a figure? The back of the box has the copyright date of 1999. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Hi,

These dolls are beautiful and you have kept them so nice. I am sure that someone will buy them and enjoy them. I saw a Rapunzel doll going for $15.00 on ebay and it was not in as good of condition as your dolls are.

Have a blessed day,

Robyn

Best Answer

Hello, do these have the Avon logo on the box? If they are the Avon series, they have not held their value and average selling prices of under $10 for most of them.

Please post back if the have the Avon info on them.

They are lovely!!

How much is my fairytale princess porcelain doll worth, item number 12359?

By Jerry

Answers

Best Answer

This doll, while pretty, is one of many. It is worth $25 at most

I acquired this doll (and Sleeping Beauty) and cannot seem to find much information about either. I did find ones that do not come in the wooden box, but none with it.

Could you tell me the value and/or any information about either one?
Thank you in advance.

Answers

I can see from the Certificate of Authenticity that this is a mass-produced item that decreases in value. Usually these pieces are worth $25 or less.

Thank you for your response and information.
The COA does read these are limited to a 1000 pieces.

Do you believe this would up the value at all?
Thank again!

I can't read the COA. Does it say Duck House? Royal House?

Sadly most of these dolls have not held their value, but I want to be able to give you today's current market value on your exact dolls, but I need the brand name.

Can you post back with what it reads in the corner (the company name)?

Many thanks!

They are both Duck House Heirloom Dolls Fairy Tale Classics Collection.

Thanks for posting back.

Duck House is one of the lesser popular series and for both dolls I cannot find a single example of a sold one (on any of the many sale websites I frequent) in the past year or so at prices from $19-55.

That tells me the price point is too high and you may get nibbles in the $10-18 range. If you don't get nibbles there, you can drop to $5-9.

Sadly there is a glut of these for sale in the marketplace the moment. You may have a better chance selling in a local venue (if the supply is low and the demand is high you may fetch a higher amount for her). You may also do better closer to Christmas or Mother's Day which are the peak seasons for doll sales.

If you are in the US with the new dimensional mailing where the box size fits into the weight, it makes the shipping more than the value of the doll and sellers are backing away from purchases.

It is a perfect storm of sad for doll resales at the moment. These are so cute too!! If you have a child who will love them, that may be the best way to deal with them vs. trying to sell.

Just a thought based on a lovely story I read today on Thrifty Fun from a sweet woman told about how much her young daughter loves her doll.

Post back with how your sale goes!! Thanks for sharing and the additional info. I so wish I had better news for you.

Thanks again.

🍂
🎄