Value of Franklin Heirloom Porcelain Dolls

Category Dolls
Many factors come into play when trying to determine the value of a porcelain doll. This is a guide about value of Franklin heirloom dolls.

I have a Franklin Heirloom first edition Dolly Madison porcelain doll in the box with certificate. How much would this doll be worth?

Answers

Best Answer

This sounds like your first edition might be worth more to a true collector so maybe you might think about keeping it for a while longer as it may become even more valuable in the future.

I have a list of dolls from the Franklin Mint. I am just wondering the price/value of each. #5 has a repaired leg.

TIA

Answers

Best Answer

The same information will fit these dolls as was given for your Coca Colo dolls as most of these will fall under the same values (or less value).

• There are presently 1,400 different Franklin mint dolls listed on eBay - all sizes and many different models.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&...
  • You can research your dolls by name and over a few months of research you will have a better idea as to the true value of your dolls.
  • You can check sold listings on the eBay site if you check for link on the left side of your screen.

How much is a Franklin Heirloom doll named Lorelei in perfect condition worth?

Answers

Best Answer

These are beautiful dolls but there are so many nice dolls available that a buyer has a large variety to choose from and prices from $15-$150 so you can easily see why your doll is not very valuable - money wise.

• eBay, Etsy and Ruby Lane are the biggest doll selling sites and there are always many hundred to several thousand different brand dolls to choose from.
  • Occasionally, someone may be looking for a particular doll and will pay a little more money but still, this is a long shot.
  • Most of this brand doll sells for less than $25 dollars and packing (safely) and shipping is always a big job.
  • If you want to sell your doll, I would recommend listing it on your local Craigslist as you can start the price at a higher price (even $100) and lower it if no one shows an interest.
  • This means an interested person can see the doll before they buy (this means a lot to most people) and there would be no need to pack and ship.
  • Using Craigslist is easy (they have a short tutorial on their site) and mostly free, but you will need several photos but you can take these on your cellphone so you do not even need a camera.
  • Ad

• Here are a couple of listings (from 2016 & 2017) of what I believe is your doll but neither one sold (they were listed for several months).
  • www.ebay.com/.../142321685499?rmvSB=true&nma=true...
  • www.ebay.com/.../222233887723?item=222233887723&...
  • Here is a link showing other Franklin Heirloom dolls that sold on eBay over the past several months so you can see the actual prices people are paying for this type doll.

I have an authentic Franklin Heirloom doll. The very first doll made in the Romantic Flower Maidens collection. Rose, who is love doll number P11 B.

The artist is Merri Roderick, made by the W.S. George China Company.
What is she worth?

Answers

These are mass-produced dolls that decrease in value, and are worth $25 at best.

I believe there is an error with your description of your doll as I do not believe Franklin Heirloom ever produced a Romantic Flower Maidens collection (or at least there is no such collection on eBay or Google). There is an Ashton Drake Romantic Flower Maidens collection but it appears dolls were also made by the W.S. George China Co. (with Ashton Drake apparently) using this designer; Merri Roderick.

Additional information:

While I am not 100% positive this is the right person....it looks like the artist may still be alive and is on Linked in.
www.linkedin.com/.../

Perhaps she would be kind enough to tell you if your COA and doll match. Just a thought! I have done this for other things...gone to the person and most people are very kind and helpful. There will be one out of 99 rude...Good luck!

I was very curious about this doll as I have known of several cases where a COA for placed with a different doll and was then sold. (at more than one small "local" auction). It may be that something like this happened in this case.

• Merri Roderick is an unusual name so it is easy to find dolls that she designed.
  • www.google.com/search?q=merri+roderick+dolls&...
  • I also sent a message to Merri Roderick at Linkedin and never received an answer.
  • I then found this link and believe it relates to Merri (although it has Merri Lynn Roderick) but no way to prove it is the same except the funeral was in Colorado and her last stated residence was also in Colorado. If this is the same then it appears that she is deceased.
  • www.brownscremationservice.com/.../Merri-Roderick

How sad...I bet that is her as she had been producing dolls for years and there is a doll in the picture. Always sad to lose such a lovely soul!

I have a Lady Elizabeth doll by Franklin Heirloom Dolls from the Royal Palace Heirloom Doll Collection. It has the original box I believe and a certificate of authenticity. What would this doll be worth?

Answers

These are mass-produced dolls. Even with the certificate and new in box they are worth $25 tops.

This particular lovely is not listed in the eBay sold auctions at the moment, so there is not an exact figure available on her.

If you plug the doll name into eBay's search and click on the SOLD button when one sells you can get an exact value for her. Never use current auctions (ASKING price) to value an item because people can ASK anything they want. Value is really only what someone will pay at the moment

The way the doll market is with a huge glut of dolls produced from the 1980s on, I suggest just enjoying her, displaying her, giving her to a little girl who would enjoy her or saving her for the future.

The way the market runs, since there is a glut and many people are purging them now to get space back, eventually they may become more scarce and therefore more sought after and have their value grow. You never know with the market! Stranger things have happened!!

Great, thanks for your help Judy :)

Wow thanks for taking the time to answer so thoroughly! Sounds like the market is really in the doll-drums haha, I will have to have a think and decide what to do.

How much is my Franklin Heirloom doll ~ The Gibson Girl Bride worth? I am not a collector and am having a yard sale and want to know how much I should price it for. I do not want it in my attic anymore.

Answers

She is still in some demand online! Which is good news for you!!

They are currently selling (SOLD AUCTIONS) on eBay averaging in $40 to $60 range (sold price + shipping)...the higher prices are for those in "Mint" condition in the original box. The lower prices vary because of condition and just general supply and demand...when few are listed, people fetch higher prices. When there are a bunch, the sold price drops.

That said, at a yard sale you will have two camps...

1. The bulk will be those who want to buy to resell who won't want to pay more than $10 so they can turn a profit. They can be insulting so don't take it personally. You can always say NO THANKS! or check back later in the day.

2. Camp 2 is if you were luckily enough to find someone who just loved it as a collector, they may pay in that $40-60 range.

If it was my sale...and it was mint, I would mark it $50 OBO (or best offer) and see what people offer...at the end of the day, if I didn't want to try to sell it on eBay and someone offered me $10, I might consider it just to get the space back.

My system doesn't work for everyone...but I have been doing it for more years than I can count and it works for me :)

Good luck!! Hope she sells!

IT IS ONLY WORTH ABOUT 65.00 ACCORDING TO AMAZON.WHICH IS A VERY POPULAR LEGITIMATE COMPANY.VERY DEPENDABLE COMPANY.

These are mass-produced dolls. Start at $20, because people will be offering you less.

What is the estimated value of this Franklin Heirloom doll? We cannot find a name or a year on her, however she has a Franklin Heirloom tag describing her making. We received this doll over 10 years ago, and it was made long before that. She is also in her original packaging, although the box is dusty and ragged in some areas, she is in mint condition.

Answers

These dolls actually seem to have some resale value, though it doesn't look like they're flying off the shelves

An ebay look indicates these can go from $20 and up
http://www.ebay  md=1&_ipg=50

of course, the lack of case is usually a negative thing.

Please start your research at www.dollreference.com

They might be Franklin heirloom dolls. I am not sure how old. They are second hand. I am not sure if that's their make, but stands for dolls both have Franklin stamped on them.

Answers

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some dolls on EBay and try online for further research.

I have a Cinderella, slipper, pink gown, headpiece, and black neckpiece.

By Deborahg

Answers

eBay has some listed and a few sold but not at the prices these sellers are asking.

You can do your own research on Google, Etsy and other doll sites.