Value of Vintage Cabinet Record Players

Fifty years ago, no living room or den was complete without a cabinet record player or stereo. These vintage cabinets can still have value today, especially if they are in good working order.

Any ideas on the value of this console?

Answers

Best Answer

I did not see this one on eBay but I saw one like yours on Pinterest:

www.pinterest.com/.../?lp=true

Description:
Motorola 1960 Tube Amp Record Player Console - Vintage tube amp record stereo console by Motorola c.1960. Refurbished and in excellent working order. Also includes added input for MP3 or other digital device. Great look, great sound and an excellent price. 40" x 17.5" x 30.25 - $450

Best Answer

This is a neat piece and seeing them always brings back nice memories!

There are a bunch of variables when selling these, like working condition and condition of the console, replacement or original parts, etc. The answer to each variable will change the value of the item. Your location will also change the value of the item. Value = what someone HAS PAID already for a comparable item that is an exact match to yours.

Like if it works, has all original hi fi pieces, the wood is pristine, you will see one value, vs. one that has had work, has a replacement motor, case has a lot of dings, you will such a much different value.

If you have a reputable store like a consignment shop around, I suggest you talk to them to find out what your piece will sell in the condition yours is in and in your town.

The upside of this is then you don't have to deal with the muss and fuss of selling it yourself, trying to get it to someone, etc. You usually get more that way too.

Some other general info...
Where I am in Pittsburgh, people like to take these things apart and sell off the cabinet for flea market flip pieces and the machine for parts (if it works). But that is a regional thing, which may not fly where you are located.

Although, the selling the working parts though is people on eBay or at swap meets/flea markets who will look for and buy the parts and often pay good money if they are tested and working. People who have their own project pieces are always looking for parts to keep theirs going.

Please post back what you learn!! Thanks for sharing!!

The radio and record player have been in my family for years. Any idea how much they are worth?

Answers

Best Answer

Your RCA Victor radio console is probably from the 1930-40's and may be a tube radio.

• These consoles are a little rare and usually will sell for $150-$400 according to if they are working as well as the overall condition. The area you live in will also play a big factor as most people will not be willing to pay upwards of $150 to ship one.
  • Check out eBay sold listings to get an idea of how similar consoles are selling. You will notice that almost all sellers will have pick up only on their listings.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Vintage+rca...
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...
  • here is a similar one that is up for sale - you can place a watch on it to see if it sells.
  • www.ebay.com/.../132829423557?hash=item1eed4027c5...
  • These are only similar models but you will most likely never find an exact same model so you will have to set your own value by reviewing as many similar models as you can find.
  • Ad

• Don't forget to consider the condition and location of any sold models and compare it to yours.
  • There are a lot of images on Google so you might want to check those out also.
  • www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&tbm...
  • www.google.com/search?q=RCA+Victor+Model+Floor+Console...
  • Here is a vintage radio forum that you can check out and also submit questions and pictures as these are true collectors and may be able to help you.
  • www.antiqueradios.com/.../viewtopic.php?t=149091
  • Here is a site that has a lot of pictures and excellent information but you may have to find your model number to find your console.
  • www.rfcafe.com/.../rca-victor-9t-9k2-radio-craft-january...
  • I would suggest you clean it up; check out the working condition (clear or static?), tubes?, and if you want to list it for sale consider placing it on your local Craigslist or USA4Sale as these are good sites and you can set your price and lower it if no one pays any interest. Just be sure to have good pictures (check how the listings are done) and an honest appraisal of condition is very important.

I have a vintage Truetone AM/FM stereo player with record player and 8 track tape deck. Are these stereo players worth anything these days? I am just asking because my mother had it like forever and it still plays the 8 track tapes and the radio still plays very well. I don't know about the record player I think it needs a needle.

Answers

Best Answer

Probably not very valuable as this brand - Truetone - was sold by Western Auto and they were on the lower end of this unit.

• The name brands were Marantz, Kenwood, Pioneer and others - almost the same as today.
  • Sometimes cheaper units can still be valuable as a collector's item but I do not find any evidence of that.
  • There is one listed on eBay for $34.95 (9/2017).
  • www.ebay.com/.../112459419241

This is not to say that you could not sell it for more but that is probably a good value figure but if you want to sell it, I would suggest you list it on your local Craigslist and ask $50. Reduce the price if it does not sell.

I am looking for the value of this RCA Victor Victrola high fidelity record/radio player. It is in full working order and I would say good shape, see picture included.

Answers

A similar one is asking $125 www.ebay.com/.../192885565000?oid=254050667620