MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of a Brother Turntable with 8-Track Tape Player

Does anyone know the value of this Brother Consort futuristic 60s/70s 2 turntable console with an 8 track tape player? Has anyone seen one of these before, I cannot find any info on it.

8-track tapes were popular in the 1970s and early 1980s. You could look on eBay and see if they are selling them, and what price they are selling for.

This has me really puzzled since I saw it last night and I am so curious what exactly this is and the value.

There are a ton of Brother and Weltron Brother pieces out there, but I have never seen one like yours. Which has me shocked since they are all pretty much alike (especially the 1960s and 70s verison). The 60s versions scream (to me) my white go go boots were made for walking (as they are white and very go go like). The 70s ones are more boxy, but not like yours.

They usually had the black or dark gray frosted tops.

You may want to contact someone who buys and sells these for a living (not just a old geek like me who loves old stuff). This site may be able to get a value for you:

www.therecordcentre.com/?page_id=31

The key to valuing is to find exact matches and since that isn't work for this piece, a true expert can help (I hope).

Please post back what you learn. I am super duper curious about this piece!! I would love to know more!! Thanks!