Value of a Crimson Collection Porcelain Doll?

Category Dolls
The J.A. Designs Crimson Collection porcelain dolls have been sold in a number of retail stores and through Amazon. To determine the value of these mass produced dolls some online research will probably help.

I am wondering how much a Crimson Collection fine porcelain doll would sell for. I have one and her name is Justina. Please help me find out.

By Kami from Smith Center, KS

Answers

Best Answer

You can search online and find many sites for doll collectors. Keep in mind that just because the doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced.

I have a porcelain Victorian doll, it's never been out of the box. On the box it says Crimson Collection Dolls. I was wondering if it's worth anything?

TY

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like there was just a sold auction on eBay for her:

www.ebay.com/.../162979313753?hash=item25f252f859...

She sold for $8.95 + shipping.

if you are trying to sell her online, you can always set up an auction for 30 days, fixed price, best offer, and start it a little higher and tell people reasonable offers will be considered.

Just be sure to package her VERY carefully and make sure you have the box exact weight and size (weigh it fully packed) so you don't lose money on shipping. Always ship with insurance also, that way if she was damaged, you would be able to file a USPS damage claim.

Hope this gets you started on the right sell path!

I have a Crimson Collection TM porcelain African American doll. I probably bought it at a the yard sale.

I don't know her name. This is her number 80234. Can you tell me anything about her?

Answers

This doll is mass-produced and has a value of $25 or less.

Crimson Collection dolls are still sold today at places like Wal-Mart.

They are on the lower end scale of conductibility and were designed to be shelf sitters like most dolls made from the 1970s to today.

If you have the box it may have a date on it. Some did, some didn't. Sometimes they had a hang tag with the doll with more info, sometimes they did not.

Some dolls had names, some did not. I don't remember this brand having collector series and I do remember that the did specialize in dolls of color, which when they started (not sure the year, 1980s, 1970s, was a big deal.

Fast forward to today, this brand sells in almost every setting (sold prices, not asking) for between $1.00 and $10 without a box. If you have the box, they sell between $5 and $15.

I suggest if you can, hold on to her until the doll market rights itself and maybe in 10-15 years her value will increase.

Right now the doll market is totally over saturated with thousands of dolls for sale and very few buyers, which drives the prices way down.

She is lovely. Maybe you can enjoy her for a little longer!

The company that makes Crimson Collection Porcelain dolls makes them in lots of 1000 to 2000 dolls at the same time. Therefore, the dolls are not unique and considered mass-produced. To find out information on dolls like this is almost impossible.

The company does not have a website or even keep records of the dolls they have made. The only real way to find out anything about this dolls is through a reverse image search online. Hopefully, someone will have poszted the same doll somewhere. It is a long shot but at times it does work.

She is lovely but since she was made by a large manufacturing company that makes dolls with several different 'brand' names you may never find out very much about her.

I remember these dolls being sold at K-Mart and Kee-Bee (KB) toy stores located in large malls so there were thousands of the same doll produced and this one may have been produced when "African American" dolls were the current rage (80s to 90s) but some are still popping up so not sure if this brand is still being made.

This is a link to an eBay seller that has several of these dolls listed for sale (your choice) for $25 plus shipping. These dolls and others this same seller had listed have been up for sale for several years and no record of any recent sales.

www.ebay.com/.../292738876436?hash=item442898c414...

There have been some recent sales of this brand doll on eBay but prices are low and the sellers give no information as to year or names of any of the sold dolls.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Crimson+Collection...

I hope she will be admired and placed somewhere to be admired until you are ready to give her to some lucky young lady (over 3 years old).

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsSeptember 19, 2019
📓
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Crimson-Collection-Porcelain-Doll-1.html