MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of a Delmonico Console Stereo

So I was helping a friend clean out a storage unit of his late parents and for my help I could have whatever I wanted. Besides the few old dolls, plates, and some silverware I wrestled this heavy beast into my truck. It's in pretty good condition, I'll check soon if it works, but on the back it says it's a Delmonico (made in Italy) model #40SBR801 UX?

I've searched and searched, but haven't found anything around this time period made by Delmonico. It has a record player and stereo next to each other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A similar one sold on liveauctioneers. You will have to open an account to see what it sold for. www.liveauctioneers.com/.../63639030_vintage-delmonico-50s-radiorecord...

Your cabinet seems to be in good condition but pictures can fool you.
If any part is not working that will probably reduce the value by 1/3 to 1/2 as it will then be for parts in a nice mid-century cabinet.

How popular these are in your area will be a big factor as it is very costly to ship items like this.

Although there are several Delmonico consoles listed for sale, I did not see anything even similar to a cabinet like yours.
It is possible, if in working order, it could be worth several hundred dollars if your area is good for this type of 'music'.

I believe you should make sure everything is in working order and then take some really good pictures; full front full back, sides, several of players (inside), so someone can see everything about this system.
State measurements - buyers do not take measure pictures..

Here is an example of fair pictures and descriptions.

www.ebay.com/.../323743123289?hash=item4b60980759...

Here are some sold listings on eBay but none to really compare with yours.
Please note there are also different Delmonico systems made in Germany.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Delmonico+Console...

You can take your pictures and ask for appraisals from some of these companies. Free appraisals will give you a lot of information about this system but only with good pictures and good description.

www.whatsellsbest.com/.../antiques.html

Maybe after you have more information you could list your console on Craigslist, Nextdoor, USA4Sale, or other sites where you can list it at whatever price you wish and lower it if no one shows an interest.
Pick-up-only

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll clean it up in the next few days and I'll take a bunch of quality pictures so you can see every nick and crack in it, and I'll also check to make sure it's working and no issues there. I just found it kinda weird that I couldn't find any information on delmonico players like this one. Hopefully that means that it's some really rare special edition player that was used by Marilyn Monroe as a seat when she sang happy birthday to the president lol I guess we can dream right?

Thanks again

Always dream big - just do not be too disappointed if reality gets in the way.
I think yours is rare and I hope it turns out to be really special.
Hope it works well also.