Value of a Mersman Game Table?

What is this Mersman #7380 flip top game table worth? What would it sell for? What year could it be from? I have found several Mersman tables, but not much like this one to compare it to.

Best Answer

I am not finding the exact table now but I know I have seen them in the past. These tables normally sell for $150 - $225 depending on where you live. Selling online means that you must box it up and ship it off to the buyer. Not a lot of furniture is selling right now online so it might be better to sell it off in your area.

Best Answer

Your table looks (from pictures) to be in less than desirable condition and if that is true you may have a difficult time selling it for even $25.

As a general rule people will only buy and pay decent money for items that may have scratches but not very many will buy something that has had a repaired leg. I may be seeing the condition at bad angles but that's my personal opinion.
I'm not sure the date is correct but some sellers are saying this is from 1930 but I would not really count on that being the correct date.

Game table are not really very popular in most parts of the country so you really need to check your area to see if any similar tables are listed on local venues (Craigslist, USA4Sale, Facebook Marketplace, etc).

This table is currently listed for sale for $75 or best offer.

newmilford-nj.americanlisted.com/.../mersman-7380-1930-cheery-holding...

I have found tables that have sold in the past several years but most were in pretty good condition.

You can check dates on listings.

www.ebth.com/.../9269515-colonial-revival-mahogany...

www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=223478497

This listing was shown on Worth Point and you cannot see the price but they have good pictures and a good description.

www.worthpoint.com/.../antique-1930-mersman-7380-cherry...

This is interesting reading..

avenuestosold.blogspot.com/.../readers-find-any-value-in-mersman...

I have looked at your pictures again and I believe it's possible to make your table look better so you can ask for more money.
If the leg(s) are properly repaired you might try cleaning up your table with something like Old English (it comes in several shades) as this will cover scratches and cracks and make most pieces look better.

Just be sure to mention repairs in your description.
I would suggest you try listing it on places like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, USA4Sale, letgo, offerup and any others you see advertised. Just be sure they have your area and list it as 'local pick up only' so there is no expensive shipping involved.
Take several good pictures (note some of the pictures in the listings) and start you price higher and lower it if no one makes an offer - wait for at least 3 or 4 weeks before you lower.
Hope you have good success with selling your table.

Absolutely lovely piece. I sold one similar to that once for $350 but it was in slightly better condition. it is a shame what has happened with the feet.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureMay 27, 2020
📓
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Mersman-Game-Table.html