Value of a Sara Beck Cloth Doll?

I cannot find anything online about my doll. The name on her back says fashioned by Sara Beck. She has brown yarn hair in pig tails, stitched eyes, and mouth. There is a little red heart stitched into her chest. She's made out of maybe a canvas material. There is a pink dress with a white sleeveless dress over the top. She is wearing black cloth shoes stitched. I am wondering who is Sara Beck. I cannot find anything on the internet. And how much is this doll worth?

This Sara Beck cloth doll is asking $42.50. www.ebay.com/.../153434656859?hash=item23b96b105b...!11791!US!-1

I am willing to bet dollars to donuts that Sara Beck is a mom or an auntie or a granny of a child and she made this doll for them.

She may have made others in classes because I do see a primitive doll with her name on it. That one looks like it may be from the UK. It has a different ID on it with a hang tag type thing. I would not necessarily link the two together since they are totally different styles and this is a very common name.

I know that doll classes were all the range for many years an most used tags like the one you have to identify their creations. You could print the tags up like you do address labels and sew them into the dolls.

These are often called OOAK (one of a kind) dolls and their value is truly only in what someone will pay for them, which, unless they are family or friends of the artist, is very little.

You may get lucky and someone from the family will want it back (like if it was donated after a death by accident), but sadly most of the time no one in the family wants it which is how it gets to a thrift store or flea market in the first place.

Post back with an update if you decide to sell it! She is really cute!!

Thanks for sharing her!!

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsSeptember 4, 2019
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Sara-Beck-Cloth-Doll.html