Value of a Set of 1969 American Peoples Encyclopedias

Value of a Set of 1969 American Peoples Encyclopedias - three boxes of green bound encyclopedias
I have a complete set (20) of 1969 the American Peoples Encyclopedia published by Grolier, including 10 annual year books from 1968 to 1978. I also have a set (10) of Through Golden Windows storybooks. Is this set of encyclopedias worth anything? If not, if I donated it to a charity, would they accept them?

Thanks for asking!

The set (10) of Through Golden Windows storybooks are selling (SOLD prices) on average of $20 on eBay. Some with free shipping (which means the SELLER pays it--which takes away from your profit) some with buyer paid shipping. Two years ago, I sold a full set for $30 (they have dropped some in value over the past year because there seem to be a glut on the market. These are neat books, by the way!

The Encyclopedia, I can't find an example of a SOLD set for ages. People ask in the $50-100 range, but most are sitting UNSOLD for months if not years.

As to donating them, depends on where you are. Where I am the only places that take them are the Center for Creative reuse -- which is a non profit where artists go to shop for all things cool (Junk Journal authors and some other crafters LOVE these books and will pay small amounts for them in this setting)

The other places is we have one recycling venue where they take hard back books and recycle them. None of the non profits take them.

Call around and see if your non profits (like Goodwill) will take them before you haul them out if that is the route you decide.

If you have an artist group in your town, you may want to offer them to them first.

Post back what you decide!

Reference books less than 100 years old have very little value. You may want to donate them, but I'm not sure if you will have takers.

Reference books that hold a value are normally 100+ years old. Considering yours do not fall into this category it means they are worth very little. The second set of books sell for around $20 to $30 depending on if you pay the shipping or the buyer pays the shipping.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksSeptember 15, 2019
🌻
🎃
🎂