Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias?

view of  coverI have a 20 volume set of The Book of Knowledge. (Arthur Mee Editor-In-Chief). Inside it states Copyright, 1926,1927, The Grolier Society, Copyright 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited.

The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition.
What are these books worth to a collector today?

By Kristy F

Answers

Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 220 Answers

You can try this site:
www.book-collecting-tips.com/old-book-values.html

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly.

I would be interested in purchasing a full set of the 1927 dark blue/green books with gold ship imprint on front if not asking too much and they are in decent condition.

46 More Questions

I have a copyright 1982, 20 volume set with index and dictionary A -Z of The New Book of Knowledge. They are in great condition.

Can you tell me if anyone would be interested in buying this set? And how much is it worth?

Answers

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I'm sorry but my research did not reveal any 1982 set listed for sale or one sold - even in the past several years.
I did find some individual books up for sale on Abe's books and when individual books are listed it usually means the set is not selling.

I would suggest you list it for sale on someplace like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor, or any of the sites you see advertised.
You can start your price as high as you like and lower it if necessary.
You can list it as 'pick up only' and not have to ship.
Be sure you have several good pictures and a good description.

Gold Answer Medal for All Time! 617 Answers
Best Answer

It's probably an even harder sell than the ubiquitous porcelain dolls, but not entirely hopeless.

Once in 2012 I was able to sell an entire set of Encyclopedia Britannica on Amazon - it wasn't even that old, it was from the 90's or something. I got $1,000 for them, not counting shipping.

The fellow who bought them told me he was just deeply nostalgic because he remembers perusing them at his grandparent's house, and now it turns out he can't find them anywhere.

So I would say
1) don't throw them away; keep listing them and wait to see if the nostalgic person shows up
2) I have a weird idea that the world is becoming so strange that it would not surprise me if something happened where we have less internet (fewer commodities overall) and then suddenly even old outdated books will have value again.

Answer this Question

Is the New Book of Knowledge Encyclopedia annual from 2008 worth anything?

Answers

Best Answer

Sorry but we will probably need more information as the question is not very clear.
What year/edition do you have of the full set of encyclopedias (& number of books).

How many additional annual books do you have (years)?

What type of cover does your set have (& color)?

What is the condition of the set?

Pictures of the set plus title page makes it much easier to research.
You can add any of this information in a reply.
Thanks

Check some examples:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323012...

Recently sold on eBay:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=+New+Book+of...

www.ebay.com/.../133052123083?hash=item1efa8647cb...

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
Best Answer

I see you have the entire set of encyclopedias at home and they are from 2008. These sets are not highly sought after and not a lot of people buy them these days because all the information in them is out date and now available online.

You might be able to see the set of books for around $30 to $50 tops. I would list them in your area to sell to avoid the high cost of shipping them to the buyer if you sell them online.

Answer this Question

I was wondering how much a set of Grolier academic Encyclopedia 1995 would sell for?

Answers

Best Answer

Since you do not provide pictures we can only assume that your set is complete and in good condition.
However, I can find no evidence of this set being sold over the past several years but it's possible that a set sold online that is not recorded. Only one book - vol 9 - has sold on eBay since late 2020.

This set is listed for sale on eBay (volume 19 missing) for $147.99 plus shipping.
This link shows the seller closed the listing (no sale):
www.ebay.com/.../265035881386?nma=true&si=pOPgp8OqJ0b...

The seller has now relisted the same item:
You can place a watch on this set to see if it sells.
www.ebay.com/.../265071733813?hash=item3db781ac35...

You can always list your set and start the price high but also best offer and if it does not sell you can lower the price. Sets are not usually fast sellers.

Answer this Question

Book of Knowledge 1935I have a complete set of The Book of Knowledge 1935 Silver Jubilee edition. It is in good condition. Any idea of the value of the set?
Thanks for your time:)

By Kris A

Where can I sell old used books? I have a set, from A-Z of The New Book of Knowledge, by Grolier.

By Sonya

Answers

Old encyclopedias have no value.

Craigslist for $20.

In my experience the thrift stores won't even accept them as a donation. They are worthless now because the info is all online now.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 337 Feedbacks

See if you can find someone to give them to for craft purposes. As a set of encyclopedia, they have no value.

Answer this Question

What is the value of a complete set 1 - 20 , copyright year 1958? It is in very good condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Normally encyclopedias will only sell if they are 100+ years old. The reason is that the internet has all the new updates and t hese books are considered outdated. You will be very lucky if a person will buy them from you for a $1 each. You may be able to get around $25 for the full set. At times people are looking to replace one or two books they have that were damaged. Maybe you can sell them this way as replacement books.

Answer this Question

Cover of volume.I have a 20 volume set of The Book of Knowledge. (Arthur Mee Editor-In-Chief). Inside it states Copyright, 1926,1927, The Grolier Society, Copyright 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited.

The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition with minimal damage inside the back cover of book 1 only. Title page.

What would it be worth to a collector today?

By Diane M.

Answers

I have this exact set in good condition. Can you tell me where and for how much you sold yours? Thank you

What is the value of 1939 world's fairs of 1939 Grolier's Book of Knowledge, volumes 1 and 2?

Value of the Book of Knowledge of 1939 World's Fairs - cover page

Answer this Question

What can you tell me about " The Book of Knowledge"? It's red and looks very old. The copyrights are from 1874 to 1918.

Information on Old Book of Knowledge

Information on Old Book of Knowledge

Information on Old Book of Knowledge

I am looking for a set of the Book of Knowledge from the period listed above (1960-ish). I once won a set of this encyclopedia on a children's TV show (Video Village with Monty Hall) when I was a kid and foolishly gave it away.

My set had blue covers.

I have a 20 vol set of Grolier's Book of Knowledge encyclopedias with the red hard cover. Copywrite 1937 an 38 being final but, there are numerous copywrite dates listed as well from 1923 on up to the latter.

The Amalgamated Press 1922 limited. They are in very good condition. Vol 1 has World's Fair prints dated 1939 and 1940. This is confusing since last copywrite listed is 1938.

Is a 1949 set worth anything?

Value of Vintage Set of Grolier Encyclopedias - cover

Value of Vintage Set of Grolier -
Encyclopedias - cover page

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksJune 2, 2013
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Groliers-Book-of-Knowledge-Encyclopedias.html