Value of a Victrola Console Stereo System?

My step dad won't let us get rid of his mother's old record player because he swears it's valuable. (But he won't store it at his own house.) We don't have room to store things we have no use for.

Is it actually valuable?
There's a serial number on the back.
What do you guys think it's worth?

Pieces in better condition than this are asking $225 on eBay. No, they are not valuable.

Your exact machine, in pristine, fully working condition, just sold (SOLD prices are the only way I value things because sellers can ask for the world, value is only what someone pays) and someone paid for 100 dollars on eBay in central PA for this one.

You don't mention if the one you have works or not, but I can see the console part is in rough shape so you may fetch 50-$75 for it, if it works, much less if it does not work.

These are really hard sales in today's market because there are so many of them out there.

It is very challenging when someone has a sentimental attachment to an item, so I feel your pain in that process.

To me 50-75 is a lot of money--but to others, that is nothing, so share with him how much it would fetch in a sale. Then if he gives the OK, I can almost guarantee you it will take several months for the right buyer to come along.

The one that sold on eBay was local pick up only because shipping this would be next to impossible.

If you are an experienced eBayer you could try that avenue.

You could also try posting it on Facebook's local Sale/Want/Trade or Flea Market sites or taking it to a Flea Market or having a yard sale and putting it out.

The other challenge with selling these is you need to make sure the buyer can get it to their house. If you have a truck and people to haul it where it needs to go, that does sometimes make it easier to sell. If you don't, that makes the sale take even longer.

I see so many of these by the curb on trash day and it is just heartbreaking.

Post back how it goes!

I doubt it's valuable at all, but it's time for you to stand up to your step-dad. Give him a deadline to pick it up or tell him you're going to get rid of it on a e-waste day. Or put it on the curb on trash day. Or a local church rummage sale.

It's not fair or right for him to expect you to give him unpaid storage.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Console StereosAugust 19, 2019
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Victrola-Console-Stereo-System.html