MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of a Western Auto Wizard Push Mower

What is value of my 1959 Western Auto Wizard push mower with Clinton engine? It is an 18" cut and pull rope start, in excellent original condition.

I saw one that sold for $125

I am not seeing any on eBay at the moment either in completed or sold. To get a national market value, I suggest checking back to the SOLD auctions periodically to see what people are actually getting for them (selling price plus shipping since buyer pays shipping).

Value is based on an apples to apples comparisons, so your 1959 may be worth X, but a 1960 may only be worth Y. Also if yours is excellent it may be worth XX, while a poor one my fetch AA.

That said, these are a challenge to sell online because they are a challenge to pack and ship.

Interestingly enough, the parts for these type of mowers are still fetching nice amounts.

While this one doesn't give the year of the piece, a pulley alone fetched $30.75 (that is minus shipping and fees but still!).

I have learned from experience that in some cases, you can take an old item apart and sell the parts off for a MUCH bigger profit than if you sold it as a whole. This is because people who restore their items like the thrill of finding original parts for the fix.

It is a bit sacrilegious to do this to an item in excellent condition...but for those whose goal is to turn a profit...it can be rewarding. Yep, it is a strange world out there!

www.ebay.com/.../253390414938?hash=item3aff3ee45a...