Vegan Worcestershire Sauce Recipe
Make a sauce similar to an old favorite without the escargot for a meatless version. This page contains a vegan Worcestershire sauce recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I see a lot of people on ThriftyFun asking about vegan substitutes for Worcestershire sauce so I thought I'd share a recipe to make actual vegan Worcestershire sauce! I hope you enjoy it.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 cup of sauce
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and let cool completely before using. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.