Vegan Worcestershire Sauce Recipe
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 6, 2017
I see a lot of people on ThriftyFun asking about vegan substitutes for Worcestershire sauce so I thought I'd share a recipe to make actual vegan Worcestershire sauce! I hope you enjoy it.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 cup of sauce
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and let cool completely before using. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
December 3, 20210 found this helpful
Im so happy to find this recipe! Ive trade some commercial brands. They were all terrible. This is really tasty!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.