Washer Won't Spin

I have a Frigidaire top load washer that won't spin. It washes fine and drains well, but the clothes a still soaking wet. It will not spin at all. Is this a easy fix or do I go buy a new washer?

By James wiley

I don't think this is an easy fix for someone who doesn't have a clue (like me), but it is an easy fix for a good repairperson. Hopefully, you have someone who can come and fix it for you. I had the same problem (which is apparently very common), and the repairman in my town popped over, and had the replacement part installed in about 1/2 an hour. The bill was very reasonable. He did tell me that some people buy the replacement part themselves and find out how to do it on Youtube, but unless you have someone who is very handy, doesn't wreck stuff that they attempt to repair, and who has a couple of days to devote to this research and repair, I'd call a repairperson. There is no need to buy a whole new machine.