Water Not Getting to Icemaker

My ice maker is no longer making ice. The water doesn't feed into the icemaker, but I get water from the dispenser. We have cleaned out the ice bin and used the hair dryer to defrost everything. Any suggestions? The refrigerator is about 5 years old.

By Wanda

Go online to the manufacturer's website. They should have some troubleshooting information.

Anonymous

Any luck with that issue? I assume it needs a new Solenoid valve - just wondering what you did to solve it since I have same problem - plus the ice maker isn't rotating- not sure what controls water level in the tray to keep it from continually filling.

There is a "micro-switch" inside the ice maker that controls the external water switch. It is usually the culprit.. There are two switches, one for the rotate of the extractor, and one to momentarily switch the water valve on.. The water valve one is the one that also makes contact with the on/off bar... (inside the end of the ice-maker)