Water Not Getting into Fridge for Icemaker and Dispenser

I have an Electrolux stainless steel fridge. The water and the ice maker have stopped working. I don't hear the water going into the fridge. The water from the main line does work. This is the second time, before I had a technician come in and he repaired it. I am not quite sure what he changed. Can some one help with what the possible culprit is?

By Wayne

That just happened to me. We knew the water line was working but it just wasn't making it to the refrigerator. My husband took the line leading into the fridge off and found that it was clogged. Unclogged it and now I have water and ice. Good luck.

I just had this problem. Turned out the larger black rubber tube which feeds the tray had frozen solid. I took out the ice maker and used a hair dryer to melt the ice and squeezed the black tube to help breakup the ice. Put the ice maker back in and turned up the Freezer temperature one notch and it began to work as normal.

Anonymous

There is a "micro-switch" inside the ice maker that controls the external water switch. It is usually the culprit.. There are two switches, one for the rotate of the extractor, and one to momentarily switch the water valve on..

The water valve one is the one that also makes contact with the on/off bar...