AdviceDogs

What Breed Is My Dog?

I was wondering what breed my dog is? I was told deer head Chihuahua, but I'm not completely sure. I think she might be a mix breed of some sort. Her name is Ruby and she is 4 months old, almost 5 months.

The coloring and shape of her body remind me of a terrier. I think she is mixed.

Hi,

Ruby is so beautiful! I love how she is posing for the photo ;). I would say she does not look like she is 100 percent deer head chihuahua but possibly mixed, based on her legs. The only way to be absolutely sure would be to do a DNA test on her. You can order one from Amazon or Ebay,

Ruby is adorable and give her a little hug when you next see her!

Blessings,

Robyn

Ruby is a sweet name and she has a very sweet face!!!

I am going by memory here so bear with me...deerhead and apple head are designations for head shape, not actual breed types for Chihuahua. Cybergrannie knows better on this so she can confirm or deny my aging memory! The two breeds are long and short hair...which it looks like your sweet girl has a deerhead shaped head and short hair and some Chihuahua in her.

She is bigger than most Chihuahua that I know and love, so I think she has some min pin bloodlines and maybe even a drop of lab in her history back a generation of so accounting for those long legs.

I just want to hug her!! That face is full of vim and vigor and sweetness!! Thanks for sharing her photo!