AdviceDogs

What Breed Is My Dog?

He is about 5, and was rescue from Animal Control Is he a Wire Haired Terrier and maybe Chihuahua?

By Kathi

I'm not sure about the Chihuahua, but I do see the wire-haired terrier.

To me...having been around hounds forever...there may be some dachshund in him...the tail and the length of the body suggest maybe a few drops of a miniature or small standard doxie. The rear haunches also have a hound shape. The face is kissable and I see some terrier in him...the only place I may see Chihuahua is around the eyes.

In Pittsburgh we call sweeties like this Heinz 57 mixes--like Heinz sauce with 57 ingredients...he may have 57 types of sweetness in him (well maybe not that many, but you get the idea! Enjoy him!!!