AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

I would like to know if my dog is a full bred boxer or not?

Ashley from Kingsport, TN

Definatly not a boxer. Did you maybe mean dachshund. And the puppy.... I don't even think half boxer looks more like one of those cattle dogs. Or dingo mix.

By duckie43 (Guest Post)

Definitely not a boxer and probably not a boxer mix unless it is a very small mix. I've raised boxers and have never seen one with a long lean snout. Could be shepard/lab mix.

By woofey (Guest Post)

Sorry, other than the coloring, it shows no evidence of having Boxer blood in it. I think you can now do DNA work and find out but I believe that is rather costly.

By Sue (Guest Post)

Neither one of the dogs in the pic are boxer or boxer mix. The brindle one looks a great deal like a Southern Black Mouth Cur.

They are a very loyal dog to one owner. They will show no fear. Make a wonderful pet for one person, but not with other pets. Both dogs are very charming and look healthy and happy.

Brindle one looks identical to my dog, and I believe she is part pit, but I know the mother is lab.

By (Guest Post)

I would say the brindle colored one is part Dachshund and the blond one is part Chihuahua or some sort of Terrier.
Whatever they are, they are adorable.