AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

What breed is my dog? He's 10 weeks and 12.5 lbs. His mom was a boxer/bulldog mix. The vet is estimating him to be a 40-45 lb dog. Any thoughts? We love him no matter what he is but we're curious. Thanks!

Colleen from Long Island, NY

By Racer (Guest Post)

What a sweet dog this is! What a lovely face and expression. You just want to hug him. I see Labrador ears and a wee bit of beagle and a little basset and then possibly a small percentage of hound dog. I would say a Labrador-beagele-basset. Give him hugs AND kisses from me! Racer

By Stngray (Guest Post)

I love him, too. He's so cute. I can't tell what breed he is but he sure is a cutie.

By Kathy (Guest Post)

We just got a puppy too and I see a little similarity in their faces. All I can say for sure is that our puppy's mama was a bassett hound. So maybe yours has a bit of bassett too.

Whatever he is he is a real cutie and heart snatcher.

By (Guest Post)

How cute! Of course you have a priceless Mutt-Pup. They are a highly intelligent though rare breed. The best way to care for them is with lots of love and obedience training. Though not well known this breed makes a wonderful companion. They are full of adventure, yet loyal to a fault. Yes, I am most certain he is one of these unique and rare dogs known as Mutt-puppies.

:)

I don't know, but that pup is adorable!

Mixed with beagle

He has to be a pit bull mix he is so cute!

I loved seeing and hearing about all your doggies, and I'm most happy about that they were all rescued. Here is my wee girl that I adopted two years ago and what do you think she is.

Looks like he picked up a lot of his moms breeds but also like he has some doberman also.