AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

My dog is 4 years old and I was told he was a Maltese cross between a Yorkshire Terrier, but he definitely isn't. I've had him since he was a puppy, could anyone tell me what breed he is going by a the picture? I would be very grateful.

He has short hair, is playful, barks a lot and is aggressive towards strangers and other dogs.

teddydreams

More than likely he's a Heinz 57...a little bit of a lot of things. I tell my step daughter if she's writing a book (when she asks a nosy question) that this particular chapter will have to remain a mystery!
=(^.^)=

By MawMaw to 5 (Guest Post)

He looks like he has a face shaped like my Jack Russell Terrier did. He also was very aggressive toward other animals. He was my protector. He got diabetes when he was 10 years old and he suffered with it terribly inspite of diligent care. We had to have him put down, hardest thing I have ever tried had to do. It has been a year since February 7 and I have not been able to get another dog yet. He was a wonderful dog. Love & enjoy your pet.

By Rosa G. (Guest Post)

I don't have the answer to your question, however, your dog looks very much like my dog (very, very much). My dog is a rat terrier. even his color is very much like my dog. I got him from Oklahoma as a gift to my kids.

My dog is very active, not friendly to other dogs at all, and very territorial. I suspect my dog is also a mix with another breed I'm not sure which but the lady I got him from swore he was a pure bred and even gave me papers to attest to it. Hope this helps. Good luck

I would say part mountain feist, part beagle, and part chihuahua. I have most of those dogs at home right now!

What a lovely baby!

Looks like a mixed breed to me. Sreems to me that he has a lot of Jack Russel characteristcs. May be a rat terrier mix. If there is a long time dog trainer near you he/she can probably narrow it down for you. It is some kind of terrier mix. Good dog. Will probably fight a grizzley bear if necessary.

By (Guest Post)

You should show us his tail and his side view with something in the picture to indicate how tall he is. Smooth coated fox terriers have ears like his but so do whippets. Mini pins ..Italian grey hounds. Good luck.

Your dog looks EXACTLY like mine. I found her abandoned in a field when she was a puppy of only a few weeks. Same character too. She is much loved and VERY spoiled and quite honestly i don't really care what breed or mix of breed she is. I love her to bits and wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING!

That was 9 years ago. My vet seems to think she is part pit bull and part terrier. My vet told me that to keep her healthy, the best thing for her is to regulate her food intake as being overweight makes her susceptible to ailments. I weigh her food every day to make sure she doesn't gain more weight than she should and she seems happy and healthy.

There is definitely jack russel in him! I know. I have a jack russell whippit. What's the torso look like?

It doesn't matter but you can have dna done on them now if you want which will tell you exactly what he is made up of.