AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

This is my dog Henna. We got her from a shelter and they told us she was a pitbull terrier mix. We aren't so sure if she is a cross, pure breed or even not a pit bull. Any guesses?

By lilpitty from Abbostford, BC

He looks identical to my son's pit bull, Bella, (shown in picture below with my Grandson) looked when he was a puppy.

God Bless,
Sheila in Decatur, IL

Yes, she looks just like my pit bull, Rex. Sometimes we wonder if he has some yellow lab mixed in him though, because he has that sweet, smart demeanor of a lab and resembles one somewhat.

Your dog does look like a possible cross of pit bull and lab, but rather than be concerned with the breed, (we have a small rescue dog, part this, and part that), be constant in training, and keeping her healthy, and knowing her place in your family. You are top "dog" and she is not. That does not mean be mean, just keep her knowing she does not control things. The pit bull, and one of my sons has two of them, along with three children, is a beautiful dog, and can be the most loving, friendly, even lap dog, you will ever find. Enjoy your new family member.

Okay. We were thinking that she maybe had a bit of lab or even ridgeback in her but we just aren't so sure. He snout and jowls just seem to be a bit longer then a pure bred pit bull.

The head doesn't look a lot like a pit bull. Are it's eyes a beautiful goldenred color? Looks a lot like my Ridgeback mix whan he was a puppy. Am down loading a picture of Scooby so you can see him grown.

Yes she has somewhat that color of eyes but more just brownish. But I would like to see a pic of scooby.