What Breed of Husky is My Dog?

Category Dog Breeds
There are many breeds of Huskies, such as the Alaskan Husky, Siberian Husky, Malamute, and many more. This is a page to help you figure out what type of Husky you may have.

What kind of Husky is my dog? I recently adopted Zoey, she is said to be one and half years old. But, I am convinced she is younger by her looks and the way she acts. Many people have said she doesn't look like pure bred Siberian Husky. Some have said maybe she has some wolf in her.

By Samantha Dube from Denver, CO

Answers

Best Answer

Are there local breeders around that breed hybrids?

I have seen MANY huskies and own a hybrid/husky. They all look different. Some have short hair, some have more hair than others. It depends. She looks like she could be full blooded husky and she also could have wolf in her.

My hybrid is 30% white artic/timberwolf and 70% Siberian husky! No one knows she is a hybrid. And for the record, she gets all the same vacines any other dog gets and she does not react any differently towards them. The vet knows she is a hybrid. The vaccine thing in just a rumor. There is nothing that proves that vaccines react any differently in hybrids to other dogs.

I included a pic of my puppy for comparison! She was born August 2008!

I would like to know what kind of Husky my puppy is. She is about to turn two years old! I also feel like if I know I will be able to care for her better!

Answers

Best Answer

Your dog has the physical characteristics of an Alaskan Husky. You can learn more about how to care for your dog and the characteristics of the breed at www.dog-learn.com/.../care

I just got her a week ago; she is 6 months old. The previous owner said she was a Husky, but wasn't sure.

Answers

She is so beautiful! She has the Husky look, but why not- Alaskan Malamute- looks a lot like her also!

Here is some info on this lovely breed - en.wikipedia.org/.../alaskan_malamute

Heis six months old so I don't know if you and tell yet, but I'm still wondering what type of dog he is.
Any help?

Answers

Wowwww what a cutie! Looks like a handsome Siberian Husky!

Here is info on this handsome Boy - en.wikipedia.org/.../siberian_husky

I got a beautiful Husky that was found at the dump. Can someone tell me what kind?

Answers

It could be an Alaskan husky.

I think it's either an Alaskan Husky or possibly an Alaskan Husky/German Shepherd mix.

Siberian Alaska Husky is my vote!

He looks like an Alaskan husky. I know that a lot of people bought these dogs because John Snow had one. They found out later on when the dogs grew up they needed a lot of room to run so they just took the dogs to shelters or even let them loose to fend for themselves.

This dog is very lucky that you found him and have given him a good home.

She looks like a full blooded Alaskan Husky to me. Beautiful dog.

I'm not sure what breed she is since her fur has a lot of colors, especially on her back. Her eyes seem to be light brown and she's not fully grown yet, but I would like to know what she'll be like when she's bigger.

Can anyone tell what type of Huskies my dogs are? I'd love to know.
Thank you.

Answers

I think they are Siberian Huskies.

Siberian Husky

If you look at the sweet faces in this link and your pups' sweet faces, I will have to say they have a lot of Siberian Husky lines. They are sweet and I want to hug them!

www.animalwised.com/types-and-breeds-of-husky-dogs-1415...

Siberian Husky. Beautiful dogs!

What kind is he? They said he is a Husky, but I don't know what sort?
Supposedly he is 8 months old, but my friend's is the same age and taller with a longer snout. Mine is smaller, looks younger, and has a short nose.

I would love to know what breed my baby is. He's name is Blue and he's going on 7 months. I got him when he was only 4 weeks old. The family before me said that his mom was Siberian and his dad was Alaskan.

Answers

He is a mix. I see the Siberian Husky in his face.

Hi Blue!! You are too cute!!

You look like a Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute mix. So cute!!

Has your vet given his or her two cents worth on your lineage? He/she may be able to give you more info by looking at your teeth and hips and bone structure.

Wishing you and your people amazing adventures!! Hugs!

I've got a Husky puppy, but I have no clue what kind she is. When I got her all the owner said was she's a Husky around 3 months old. So can anyone tell me what she is?

By Jesika

Answers

Looks like a Siberian Husky. What a beautiful dog!

What breed of Husky is my dog? She is noted as an Alaskan Husky, but the majority of the photos I have seen of Alaskans do not look like the love of my life. If anyone can advise, please do.

Jeanine from Romania

Answers:

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Your dog looks exactly like our dog Farley, except for the one blue eye. If he is the same as ours, then he is an Alaskan Malamute. He has the exact same markings and features. If his tail curls up, then he probably is a Malamute. Hope this helps. (08/28/2006)

By Melanie

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Go to the American Kennel Club webpage and read the standards for both breeds, their descriptions are very detailed. Hope this helps. (08/29/2006)

By Michelle

What breed of Husky is my dog?

I have a dog exactly the same and markings mine is a Siberian huskie /German shepherd. (08/29/2006)

By ldipper

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Here's a good link about them:

pocanticohills.org

From things I've read, they can look really different from one another. Some have curly tails, others not. The blue eyes come from the wolf in them. We have a lot of Alaskan Huskies here in the Pacific Northwest and he looks like one to me.

Susan from ThriftyFun

This one has a dog that looks similar to yours. (08/29/2006)

By ThriftyFun

What breed of Husky is my dog?

The love of your life is definitely Siberian Husky. There are Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute. Siberian Husky has a finer skeleton as compared to an Alaskan Malamute. Alaskan Malamute is bigger and more solid than Siberian Husky. Alaskan Malamute tail is slightly curly, Siberian Husky has a "fox" like tail. Both breeds can have blue eyes, also one blue and one brown or both brown.
Just love it as it is. (09/12/2006)

By Peta

What breed of Husky is my dog?

I moderate a very large Alaskan Malamute Internet group (500+ members) and wanted to correct a couple things. Malamutes do not have blue eyes, they have dark brown eyes (the red Malamutes can have lighter brown eyes). Wolves do not have blue eyes, they have light brown eyes. Any Arctic-looking dog with blue eyes has some Siberian Husky in him. Siberians can have two different colored-eyes. Alaskan Huskies are a mix of many different breeds and can look similar to a Siberian. Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Huskies come in many colors and with many facial markings so you can't judge the breed by that alone. The main difference is in size and bone structure. Siberians should be around 50 pounds and light boned and Malamutes should be over 85 pounds and stocky. (09/28/2006)

By Doris

What breed of Husky is my dog?

It looks like our dog. A Labrador husky pure bred. They are very rare. (01/11/2008)

By May

What breed of Husky is my dog?

An Alaskan husky is any kind of sled dog mix. They are not pure breads that is why each one is unique in their appearance, traditionally the Alaskan husky is a Siberian Husky and a Alaskan Malamute mixed. An Alaskan Malamute looks very similar to a Siberian Husky only they are much larger and have a much bulkier thicker build. Your dog looks more like a Siberian husky more then anything else, but it's hard say for sure unless your dog has papers. (02/03/2008)

By Domonique

What breed of Husky is my dog?

I think you have a Seppla husky. I just saw one the other day and he was identical to yours even the eyes were the same color. The owners told them they got her from a breeder and it was a Seppla husky. (06/04/2008)

By Nicole

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Wow. I have your exact dog. Just in the baby form. Yours is a Siberian Husky. Possibly wolf mix. Our dog's name is Blue. She has the exact same markings. I saw your post and it scares me. I can't wait for her to be big like that. She is a Siberian Husky/ Albanian Wolf mix. Shes gorgeous. As well as yours. (01/19/2009)

By Jake

Pets Dogs Dog BreedsJanuary 24, 2018
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Breed-of-Husky-is-My-Dog-2.html