What Is This Insect?

What is this insect? It was running up my leg as I was sitting in my chair inside. I pinched it through my pants with two fingers and tried to squish it, but it did not get squished at all. It was extremely hard. The insect is very small, so it is hard to get the camera to focus. It's smaller than my pinky finger nail.

Perhaps its a tick

Not a tick, they look completely different.

I would put this in a plastic bag and take it to a place that sells pesticides. They can help you.

This may be a one time thing as you could have picked it up on your clothing before going indoors but I agree that if you are concerned about it, I would put it in a baggie and take it to one of your local home exterminators offices and ask for help. They are usually very good at this sort of thing. You should take it soon or either put it in your freezer until you can make the trip as the bug may change or deteriorate after being dead a few days.

Just Google Bug Service with your zip and you should find several near you.

I think I picked it up when I was outdoors, yes. The thing is I just haven't seen it before, and it kept bugging me because it didn't go away and didn't die.

I might do that, if I find another one, I most definitely will. Thanks.