What is This Plant? Tweedia caerulea

Category Annuals
This native of Uruguay and Brazil is a small shrub or vining plant with clusters of sky blue flowers. It is a member of the milkweed family. This is a page about, "What is this plant?" (Tweedia caerulea).

I have a plant with blue star shaped flowers in our yard. Can anyone tell me the name of this plant? It is supposed to be a food source for butterflies? And how about info on the seed pods? What do they need in the way of sun/shade/food/water?

Thanks readers.

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

Answers

Best Answer

Thanks, Catherine was right. I found out enough about this annual plant online that I will start saving seeds for next year for the Path Garden.

ThriftyFriends are so smart. GG Vi

If it were not for the blue colour I would say that is a star magnolia because of the shape of the flower, the fuzzy pod, and the leaves. New variety?

Pretty sure it is Tweedia Caerulea.

Catherine

Home and Garden Gardening AnnualsJanuary 8, 2018
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-is-This-Plant-Tweedia-caerulea.html