When Can Kittens Go Outside?

I have a feral cat that had kittens 8 weeks ago. The day she had them, she brought me to them to show me (I have always fed her, she is 1 year old). She had them in a very unsafe place, no shelter from weather, etc. My husband and I trapped her and moved her and the kittens to our basement. She was grateful.

I cared for her and earned her trust throughout the entire thing. She is now a very sweet, loving cat but she does not enjoy being inside very long. I had her spayed and vaccinated a couple weeks ago. Her babies, cute as the dickens are very healthy and energetic and I would love to send them outside with her during the day and bring them all in at night. I am concerned the babies may run off. When can I send the precious little cord chewers outside with their mother.

Ideally it's not safe for kittens to venture outside, until they have had there shots, when they are around 13- 14 weeks old!

I have had a few cats around here that I have adopted and the last two I adopted were only 3 weeks old and had just opened their eyes. I kept them in the house until they were around 8 to 9 weeks old and then allowed them to go outside during the day.

The small kittens will stay close to their mom and at night you can easily get them to come back in your home. I don't think you have too much to worry about and if the mom is going out now and coming back at night she will make sure that she brings her babies back in with her.

Pets Cats AdviceJuly 21, 2020
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/When-Can-Kittens-Go-Outside.html

AdviceCats