Product FinderConsumer Advice

Where Can I Buy Gimp Brand Medication for Insect Bites?

A person on this site mentioned Gimp for anti-itch. Where can I get it?

By Elizabeth

Sorry, I don't know about Gimp. I have the perfect stuff for insect bites! My granddaughter got bit by a wasp. She was screaming bloody murder! I put this stuff on and she stopped instantly. It works on all insect bites that I have put it on. I swear by it! It is called, AfterBite, made by Tender Corp. I buy mine at Walgreens and at Walmart. It's about the size of a Tide to go pen that I carry in my purse. It is amazing stuff! Good luck!

Anonymous

G.IM.P originated in Emporia Kansas. It was great antiseptic and anti itch. Also great for healing canker sores. I hAve not been able to find it in many years.

G.I.M.P was invented by a pharmacist in Emporia Kansas and was even used by the New York Jets team. It was great for insect bites, all around anriseptic and especially canker sores.

I have not been able to find it in years. I would however by it if I found it. Provided the formula had not changed.:)

Anonymous

G.I.M.P was invented by a pharmacist in Emporia Kansas and was even used by the New York Jets team. It was great for insect bites, all around anriseptic and especially canker sores. I have not been able to find it in years. I would however by it if I found it. Provided the formula had not changed.:)

Just for fun I Googled GIMP...a mainstay of my childhood in St. Louis. Had no idea it originated in Emporia, KS, my parents' home town. We still have a bottle! It was a great product for cuts, scrapes, etc.

It is at Graves pharmacy in err emporia kansas

Crazy question... I threw mine away a couple of years back and I was wondering what the ingredients say.

I thought I read tincture of iodine but cant remember... it healed everything fast and I would like to find something similar

I HAVE A BOTTLE OF G I M P IT IS VERY OLD BUT STILL IS PARTIALLY FULL AND HAS THE LIST OF INGREDIENTS ON THE LABEL. i would like to buy some again. it has so many uses and it clears up any sores in the mouth and teeth pain as well as other things. CAN ANYONE HELP?

The company that made it may still be around: Link Laboratories Inc
Phone: (816) 221-3562

You could see if they could help! Post back what you find as it seems to be a super popular remedy!

I was born in Emporia, Kansas, and would like to purchase GIMP.

The main ingredient of AfterBite is plain old ammonia. If you fill an empty bottle with NON SUDSY ammonia you'll get the same itch relief.

Hint: contact lens solution comes in just the right size squeeze bottle to use once it is empty.

Link Laboratories Inc
412 W 10th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Phone: (816) 221-3562

I've used this for decades (literally), but I understand that the company is no longer going to make it.

I have a little bit i wish they still made it us it for since i was ten years old.

Back some time in the 1980's or 1990's I could not find G.I.M.P. at any store I called Link and I was told it was too expensive to get it approved and they were going to stop making it. I ordered 4 quarts of it. I guess my one brother's family has some left I used my quart but I do have what is left from my mom's and oldest brother's.

It still seems to be just as effective as it ever was. I hope they are still in business and still make GIMP. It has always worked and I have never known of any side effects.

I grew up in Emporia and GIMP was always in our medicine cabinet. Wish I could get some or the formula. I'm certain it was endorsed by the New York Giants, not the Jets.