White Shirt Dyed Pink?

My 100% polyester white, nice shirt has been dyed pink. How can I get it back to white without ruining my shirt?

Thank you

You can try the Rit Color Grabber. If that doesnt work, I would settle for dyeing the shirt a darker color.

A blend shirt is going to be a challenge. You can try this, but you may just want to dye it a darker color and enjoy a "new" shirt.

You can try soaking it in a bucket with 1 cup of baking soda, 2 cups vinegar, 1 tablespoon of plain blue dawn dish soap and a 1/2 cap of Tide and enough warm water to cover the item.

SWISH to get it mixed in well. Soak for an hour or so, check for the progress and repeat until it all comes out.

This works very well for cotton. It is very challenging for blends. Do not dry the item in the dryer during this process and since it is white, you can hang it in the sun between soakings to get the sun's help in the process.

Once the stains are gone, you can run it through a regular load.

Post back with an update!

You say your shirt has been dyed pink but it is unclear if this was due to a color run in your washer or if you actually dyed the shirt pick?
I believe you mean you washed it with mixed colors and your white shirt came out pink?

If this is the case; color grabber will not work in this case as it is for placing in the wash to keep this problem from happening.

Try Pghgirl's solution first as it has worked for me but man made fabrics are unpredictable but even if it does not work, it will not harm your blouse.

One of the problems with this type of material is that companies will sometimes use a different type of thread and the thread will sometimes act differently than just polyester so your seams may be darker or unchanged.

You can try a product called 'Color Run Remover' as it works on polyester as well as cotton. You can find this product Walmart, Target type stores or online.

www.amazon.com/Carbona-Color-Run-Remover (Affiliate Link)
/dp/B00V4EVZEQ?tag=thrif06-20

I agree that if it does not work you could choose a slightly different/darker color and buy the dye that is made for this type of material.

First off you can start with some Ritz or other color removers that come in packages at your local store. They are designed to remove colors that bleed in the washer.

If this does not work I have used the same blend of ingredients that anther member has suggested that you use. If neighter of these works for you it may be necessary to dye the shirt a new color so that you do not ruin the shirt and can wear it again.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 17, 2019
📓
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/White-Shirt-Dyed-Pink.html