Whole Wheat Pineapple Muffins
I love making muffins and freezing them for a quick breakfast on busy work-week mornings. I will write the recipe as written. I used all whole wheat flour, substituted 1/8 cup Truvia brown sugar blend, and used butter instead of margarine.
I want to thank Harlean for her suggestion to put the silicone muffin cups on a cookie sheet. The cleanup was so much easier!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes max
Source: More with Less cookbook
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl cream the margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg. Blend well. Add the pineapple and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes. Remove from tins at once. Serve hot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!