Butterscotch Popcorn Cookies
We've been having more at-home movie nights than ever lately, so that means more popcorn. That also means sometimes having popcorn leftovers. I decided to make some yummy all-in-one movie night cookies using that popcorn. They are sweet and buttery with a touch of salt to finish. The textures are just out of this world. They are so delicious, the whole batch I made today was long gone before the movie began. Happy family!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 20-24 cookies
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Stir in egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until smooth.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels.
- Carefully go through the popcorn to make sure there are no unpopped kernels. Give it a rough chopping.
- Stir the chopped popcorn into the dough.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies. Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with a touch of salt. Cool on a wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!