Choco Butternut Munchkins
Dunkin' Donuts choco butternut doughnut and munchkin are our favorite. Unfortunately our place doesn't have the store, so I tried making some using chocolate cupcakes.
- butternut coating
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- orange food coloring
- chocolate ganache
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (softened)
- choco cake balls
- 6 - 10 moist chocolate cupcakes or cake
- 1/4 cup frosting (buttercream or condensed milk will do)
Choco Butternut Coating
- Let's start with the orange coating to give it some time to cool down before using. In a pan, melt butter. Add sugar and flour. Stir until well combined.
- Put a drop of orange food coloring then continue to stir. Stir constantly until all is combined and crumbles break.
- Remove from heat when crumbs are fine and dry. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cocoa powder and milk in a saucepan.
- Stir until dry ingredients are dissolved. Place over low heat while constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat when it becomes thick. Add butter allow this to melt and mix well with the hot chocolate.
- Crush cake with fork.
- Add some frosting (I used 2 Tbsp condensed milk). Mix very well to fully blend liquid into the cake. This will make the texture sticky like a clay.
- Scoop a spoonful of cake mixture and form into ball.
- Dip each ball in chocolate ganache.
- Roll the balls into butternut coating.
- At this point the munchkins might be a little warm because of the ganache. Place them in fridge to allow ganache to set. But it's still fine to serve them warm. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!