Keeping Dogs Out of My Yard

How do I keep the local dogs from relieving themselves on my property? I have tried black pepper, moth balls, Lysol, Pine Sol, and some of those sprays specifically designed to keep dogs away. What is a person to do, summer is just around the corner?

Best Answer

If your town has a leash law just keep calling the dog officer on the owners. They will get sick of paying the fines eventually.

Best Answer

I got this from one of the home shows on The Learning Channel and it works.
For Dog or Cat deterrent:

2 1/2 parts flour
1 part red pepper or cayenne pepper
1 1/2 parts dry mustard.

The reason for the flour is that is shows where you placed the deterrent. If the area gets wet, then it has to be done again.

I have been using wolf urine for keeping dogs and cats off my property. It must be dribbled on all four corners of your yard and your pets must be inside when you do this.

Animals will not cross this area and so far it seems to be doing a great job. It's pricey and a little difficult to find but one bottle will last for years. If it rains, it must be reapplied but it only takes a few drops here and there. I got mine at a hunting supply store and found out that most landscapers are using it on saplings in this area to keep the deer away. Good Luck.
Marianne