StylingHair Tips

Ideas For A New Hair Style

I swim everyday, and sometimes on the weekends for meets. Because of that, my hair is starting to get blonde highlights. My hair is naturally curly/wavy, and I was wondering if you have any ideas on hairstyles for me.

Lauren from Montebello, CA

my hair is thick

If you are looking to get it cut I would say a bob that hits below your chin. Longer in front then the back. That way you could still pull it up in a ponytail if you want. Looks cute either straightened or curly.

You look like a young girl, so let your hair grow. You wont be sorry later on. Maybe put your hair up in a ponytail or have some one French braid it. That would be nice a French braid.

My daughters both have long hair and have had their hair layered--they can still do the pony tail or braids, but when they fix their hair it lays so pretty with all of the layers!

I think that you are pretty enough to cut it real short and enjoy some hair freedom!

Hi Sweetie - your picture looks great, and you have AWESOME big eyes! You know, I would just keep the scissors in the drawer and wait two days. I know what swimming does to hair, so I understand, but I just cut mine and I feel awful. Look at the stars in the magazines, look at the prettiest girls in your school, you'll see that long hair is the mark of a hottie. Wear it up to feel free and have it short for a while, without having to lose it all! Enjoy your swimming, you gotta have some fun, right?

Use vinegar before you shampoo. It's a little smelly, but it strips the chlorine out of your hair. The chlorine is making the hair pigment lighten.

Get it straightened and cut 5 inches. Make it curly. You will look awesome.

GO short. I agree with the person who said that. You have a very pretty face and could pull off a short style very easily. And to the person who said that since your young you should let it grow, what does being young have to do with anything? I think you should find a short do you like or what someone said. Find someone whose hair you like and find out where they got it done. The hard part with that is you never know how it's going to look on you since all hair is different. Good luck!

Since you're a swimmer, you probably want to be able to pull your hair back in a ponytail. My hair is long and I like it way better than when it was short. Maybe get some long layers or get it "shaped" with a razor.

Easter is coming up and we are heading north to see my family. I'm going to be wearing a pretty dress and I want to have a pretty hair style to set it off. My hair is always doing to same thing and I want to do something different especially for the holiday. I also want something I can wear more than once, or can I say nothing to fancy.

Aliesha

Answers:

Ideas For A New Hair Style

If your hair is long enough, you can do a easy French twist. Make a pony tail with your hands at the back of your head. Twist it, and tuck whatever ends you have inside the fold that will form. Three inch hair pins work really well to hold it in place, just slide them in the fold, angeled down. My thin hair never needs more than 3 pins. You can pull down little wisps for a pretty look that can be worn almost anywhere.

Have a nice trip! (03/20/2008)

By londa

Ideas For A New Hair Style

Is your hair long, short, thick, fine, curly, straight, are you old, young, conservative, or daring? (03/20/2008)

By Cyinda

Ideas For A New Hair Style

Well I have long hair. It is naturally wavy but I usually straighten it. My hair is thick but I might be getting a my hair layered this Saturday. I'm 16 years young and I can be daring but most people would see me as conservative. I don't get to see my family that much so I don't want it to look too different. But I will also be going to church that morning and that night so I would like somewhat of a change because I'm always at church. (03/21/2008)

By SustaindbyJesus

Ideas For A New Hair Style

Google "hairstyles" and you'll see lots of websites dedicated to hairstyles! You can also enter "long" medium" or "short" in the search engines depending upon how daring you want to go. (03/21/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Ideas For A New Hair Style

I think the best hairstyle is one that is "made" for you. It revolves around a good haircut. In my opinion, not every hair stylist is really good at cutting hair. Some are better as colorists but I am very picky. (smile) I too like hair that will lay nicely and not mess up. I'm not clever with my hair. I tell them I like it to look beautiful when I first wake up in the morning. (lol) I'm 62 and this has never failed me.

I suggest you approach someone whose haircut you like and ask them where they had it cut. Then you can try that stylist. But be sure to keep shopping around until you find one you really like. Also, be sure to let the stylist know you want a style that is appropriate for your shape of face, type of hair, and age. I am sure you will be pleased. Go for it, kid.

Warm wishes for a nice visit with your family. (03/23/2008)

By Carol in PA