Garden: Iris (Arkansas)

My cousin sent me this bearded iris from Arkansas last year. I put it in a pot so I would remember where it was. This is the first bloom, and the color is so rich. It reminds me of orange sherbet.

I had sent her my favorite white iris, called Skating Party a few years ago. I wish I had the time and know how to cross the two. Making a gold and white one would be awesome.

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

Absolutely beautiful, GGVi and what makes this photo even better are the lovely plants in the background and the cute little gnomes hanging out amongst the foliage.

I miss the purple and lavender iris' you sent me six or seven years ago. Sean told me they continue to multiply like bunnies and add so much beauty to my old yard. The fact you said you have this orange iris growing in a pot, well, I am going to ask Sean to send me some of those you originally sent me to plant in pots on my patio to enjoy again. :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJune 7, 2011
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf10954957.tip.html