Too Much Sugar in Turnip Greens

I added too much sugar while cooking turnip greens. Is there any way to tone the sugar taste down? Sort of like you do when you add a potato if you've added too much salt.

By Carolyn Phillips from Shreveport, LA

I suggest to add more water to them let boil a few minutes then drain. If you want more water add more. I like bread in it.

Vinegar would counteract the sugar to make sweet & sour greens.

Was afraid to add vinegar so went with the "add more water" route. It worked! I drained them, added more water and boiled the fool out of them for about 5 min, then drained again. Thank you so much. I had too much cooked to just throw away.

I was afraid to add vinegar also, so I just drained and added new water boiled for 5 mins. Then drained and added new water again with salt and garlic powder boiled for 20 minutes. They are delicious. Thanks.

It's so much healthier to just steam those greens and don't add sugar. Just use a little butter, salt & pepper on them when you eat them (light on the butter). They are loaded with iron and so good for you.