ElectricalHome

Troubleshooting Power Outages to Appliances and Receptacles

Category Electrical

All of my major appliances keep shutting off along with some receptacles. The circuit breakers don't flip and power comes back on.

By Mary

DO NOT attempt to troubleshoot this yourself. Get an electrician. The money you spend is worth not having to worry about a house fire. :)

I agree with WildIrish. Call in a professional, and do it quick because what's happening with your wiring sounds scary-something is causing a short circuit somewhere along the line. This could lead to a majour fire in your home.

If you are money crunched right now, use the non-emergency number of your fire dept and ask the person who answers the phone if they know of any electricians or funds available to help you.

When I lived in the US I knew of several people who were helped by their local fire-rescue. The service would rather prevent a fire than fight it, and many local fire services have resources available to help in the community their station is in.